Lapa Rios along with our sister hotels in the Cayuga Collection are inviting you to come down south and help us create the greatest green and sustainable family vacation in the world! You an apply through the Cayuga Collection website to help us with this vision.
We have seen first hand how a sustainable family vacation can leave a lasting impact on participants and we want your help to show others how green we can be.
What makes for a GREAT Family Vacation? We think it is all about these four elements: Experience – Learn – Connect – Relax
- Experiencing adventures and activities together that become unforgettable memories.
- Learning about different cultures, learning a new language or other skills,
- Connecting with the people in the destination and with re-connecting with each other. Listen and share stories and ideas with each other.
- Relaxing, taking time to do nothing but enjoy the surrounding nature, sounds of wildlife and spectacular scenery.
What makes for a GREEN Family Vacation? We think it is about sustainable and eco-tourism.
- Assist conservation efforts by planting a tree in a private rainforest reserve.
- Interact with local families in a game of soccer and help out at local festivities.
- Visit a local school, share stories of where you are from, play some soccer and help with music lessons.
- Take one of our behind the scenes sustainability tours, discover how we work on being carbon neutral and reducing our carbon footprint. Pick up ideas you can use at home
- Discover local food and recipes, learn how to make traditional dishes, celebrate local culture and languages
- Learn how we conserve nature, protect wildlife and help sustain local communities through tourism.
Participating Family Travel Destinations in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
- Lapa Rios Eco Lodge on the Osa Peninsula: Literally in the middle of the rainforest, surrounded by nature and wildlife, a true tropical Costa Rican experience.
- Harmony Hotel Nosara: Laid back with yoga and spa for mum, amazing beach and surfing for everyone else, and the juice bar and sushi bar are not to be missed!
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Inn: Amazing culinary tours, birding, volcanoes, cloud forests and zip lines close at hand.
- Arenas del Mar Resort in Manuel Antonio: The best of both worlds, with rainforests and ocean on either side, full service spa, and outstanding food.
- Jicaro Island Ecolodge in Lake Nicaragua: Choose a lake experience, with swimming, kayaking volcano explorations, exploring the streets of nearby Granada and Baseball with the local kids.
- Latitude 10 Resort in Santa Teresa: Family Surf Vacation or some horseback riding along the beach. Staying in your own private casita has many perks.
- Hotel Grano de Oro in San Jose: Exploring the vibrant capital city of Costa Rica, colonial charm with museums, theater and great restaurants close by.
You can apply here and deadline is May 17th.